16 November 2013, 19:06:40 by DiDok
| Views: 4897 | Comments: 23
Due to recent and non-recent events, after a bit of investigation, some changes were made to prevent future problems and remove corruption/uncertanity that some may feel and some not:
- Admins will no longer be able to participate in companies (with exceptions). Company system was created for players, not for admins that have enough power and privileges already and I'm aiming to finally bring order to that. The only admins allowed in companies are: Armed (due to legacy of YTL and Coldy being actually in charge), Smoke (LHB was created and got huge before he was an admin) and Dasdes (for solely reason of not closing FWI or giving it to people like Csaba that would only make things worse, also he'll be required to maintain absolute neutrality), rest will leave and focus on their work for community. I hope this will restore order, stop seeing admin team as divided between "EEL-group" and "FWI-group" that compete with each other and stop some people from working in "admin" companies with hope to receive promotion - the main concerns I saw about companies in last few days.
- TET will be slightly reorganized. It'll maintain its role as event helpers, but decisive process will be public and players will be welcome to suggest events more and participate in creation. This also means removing barrier of TET forum forcing people interested in events to register there - it'll be closed and moved to main TM forum. Also TET's role will be straightened as helpers working for enjoyment of community, not almost-admin group that had 100% decisive force.
- Events will change a bit too. Somebody will still have his batch of events, but I'd like to make more ad-hoc events and change rules a bit to make events more enjoyable and less strict (trolling and messing still not welcome!). This will require a bit of work so won't come ASAP.
- In addition, NEW timed events will stop until racing script is developed (max 2 builds) to prevent accusations of rigging events and create consistent, fun environment. This also includes scripting basic events functionality that will help in making events and could be expanded in future to make full-time feature.
- TET/admin competitive company events will stop too, they'll be made only when companies ask for them themselves and only after declaring no "conflict of interests" - there's a reason why company stats aren't public and why there's no company competition system on. We don't need wars here - server is supposed to be FUN...
- Finally, there will be a change in how new admins are selected (aka won't be selected by other admins only anymore), but since no new promotions are needed, no details on this.
BTW, I'd like to mention that lack of base applications topic is because there's no need for any more companies right now, existing ones barely have all slots filled, if situation changes - base applications topic will show up. Also, old FWI base will be deleted and changed to 15-slotter located in LS Port after islands update, also I don't plan making ex-NHC base buyable for now (due to lag complaints that strangely contradict with demand for that base...).